You can make yourself this delicious cake now with this easy step by step recipe! Surprise those around you with this amazing cake.
This delicious dessert can be made using several different ingredients. The instructions are so simple, anyone can make this!
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 5 eggs
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F or as directed in the boxed instructions. Grease a fluted-tube cake pan with vegetable shortening.
2. Add the boxed mix, pumpkin purée, water, oil, eggs, and 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice to the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on medium speed for 3 minutes.
3. Place 1 cup of the batter into a separate bowl and whisk in the cocoa powder and chocolate syrup. Pour half of the remaining pumpkin batter into the prepared fluted-tube cake pan. Smooth the surface. Then, drop spoonfuls of the chocolate batter onto the pumpkin batter. Pour the remaining pumpkin batter on top and smooth.