Quinoa Stuffed Butternut Squash is this season’s Fall recipe. Butternut squash is a predominately Fall vegetable. This dish takes seasonal fruits and vegetables that complement each other well and create a delicious wholesome appetizer. Save this beauty for your Thanksgiving table or make it for a random Tuesday night.
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
For the rest of the ingredients, click HERE.
- Place a rack in the center of your oven and preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Halve the butternut squash. scoop out the seeds then arrange the halves on a baking tray, cut sides up. Drizzle with one teaspoon olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Bake 45-55 minutes, just until the squash is fork tender. Remove from the oven and let cool. Reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- While the squash is baking, place the broth in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the quinoa, return to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover, and let simmer for 12 minutes, until most of the broth is absorbed. Remove from the heat and let sit, covered, for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork then set aside.
For the rest of the directions, Click HERE.
All done! Stuffed Butternut Squash that is warm and filled with healthy and tasty vegetables is a recipe your whole family will love.
Never miss another post! Click HERE for more amazing recipes.
For mouthwatering food boards, click HERE.
Tried our delicious recipe? Share your photos and tips in the comment section below!