Just in time for Fall, this candy corn-like parfait tastes like a light, fluffy pumpkin pie minus the heavy crust. Try it now! This is a great Halloween decoration that both adults and children will love!
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup + 3 Tbsp white sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp butter, cold
- Yellow food coloring
- 1 cup canned pumpkin pie filling
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the rest of the ingredients, Click HERE
1. To make the vanilla pudding for parfait, heat the milk with 3 Tbsp sugar in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves and the milk is warm. Do not boil.
2. In a medium-size bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, egg yolks, and salt and whisk until well combined and no lumps remain. Pour the hot milk mixture, a little at a time, in with the egg mixture, whisking constantly to dissolve. Return to the pot and continue to cook, over medium-low heat, whisking constantly until the mixture thickens and bubbles.
3. Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the vanilla, butter, and enough yellow food coloring to make the mixture bright yellow. Pour the mixture into a medium-size bowl and press a piece of plastic wrap against the surface to prevent a film from forming. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until completely cold. Remove the plastic wrap from the vanilla pudding place into a piping bag. Refrigerate until needed.
For the final 2 steps, click HERE
Also, this parfait recipe is prepared with Cooks Essentials 18-piece Porcelain Enamel Cookware Set w/Dupont Nonstick (K41304). Go to David’s Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.